Hey yall! Carlin has been BEGGING me to make beef & broccoli for awhile now. He’s not the biggest fan of Chinese food or I might have just bought it & plated it for him lol (just kidding). I went straight to Pinterest & my mom for recipe ideas & then just put my own together! I like to share recipes on here for y’all but also for me to look back on because I can never remember ingredients to something that came out really good for some reason!
What you need:
- Beef tips or steak, whichever you prefer. I used steak because I already had some in the freezer.
- Minced garlic
- Ground ginger
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Beef broth
- Olive oil
- Corn starch or flour, again whatever you have on hand.
- 1 large pan with lid
- 2 mixing bowls
The cool thing about this recipe is it’s a one pain thing. Unless you aren’t as lazy as I am & decide to cook your rice. I used those Uncle Bens microwaveable things!
- Cut your steak into strips. I hate handling raw meat & hate the way it looks so I didn’t take any pictures lol.
- Coat your pan with olive oil & let it heat.
- Coat steak strips with corn starch or flour.
- Brown the steak & remove from pan, put into one of the mixing bowls or another plate.
- Add broccoli, minced garlic, beef broth & ginger (optional) to the same pan.
- Once the broccoli is tender add the steak back to the pan.
- Mix sauce: corn starch, soy sauce & brown sugar.
- Add the sauce mixture to the pan & cover.
- Let simmer so the sauce thickens.
- Microwave your rice lol kidding make rice, serve & enjoy!
If you notice I didn’t say any measurements. That’s because I’m the Queen of eyeballing things. I just mix together & taste if it tastes good then we’re good to go, if not I just add a little more spice until I like the taste!