I get made fun of all of the time because I love mornings lol. I’m one of those people that likes to wake up & start my day immediately. If I’m awake that means everyone in the house (including the dog) should be as well lol! When Carlin & I first started dating he was NOT A morning person at all, & when we moved in together he still had no plans on becoming one lol. Eventually, he kind of trained himself to wake up earlier & enjoy the day. So today on the blog I’m going to share a few simple tips on how to become a morning person.
- Disable the snooze button. The awesome thing about our smartphones now is you’re able to disable the snooze option lol. This is perfect because if you can’t hit snooze you’re more liable to just get up in the morning. If you don’t have the option to snooze the alarm who knows what time you’ll drag yourself out of bed!
- Make your bed as soon as you get out of it. This one is such a sneaky little tip because duh if you make that bed there’s no way you’re getting back into it! It’s like you just tricked yourself lol.
- Prepare the night before. I still fail to do this one at times but I’m working on it. This tip is great because it makes your life so much easier. Picking out your clothes, shoes & jewelry saves almost 30 minutes in the morning if you’re me. Also, prepping your lunch & sometimes breakfast saves a ton of time!
- Go to bed earlier. We all need at least 8 hours of sleep, if you take the time to backwards plan you will notice a huge difference in how you feel each morning. Plan for at least 8 hours of sleep & still waking up earlier & you will honestly feel so refreshed. For example, I noticed my lack of sleep was really weighing on me physically & mentally a few nights ago, so I went up to bed earlier than I had been lately & that next morning Carlin noticed such a difference in my attitude lol & I felt great. A good nights sleep really is amazing!
- Take a moment to reflect & be thankful. Not everyone is religious so I’m not throwing in any tips like that, but taking a moment each morning to be thankful for waking up & all the positives in your life starts your day off great. For me, I like to either sip my coffee on the deck & admire the view or chat with Carlin. It starts the day on such a positive note & good vibes that you’re bound to have a good day lol.
- Add some exercise into your morning routine. Not everyone can make it to the gym, trust me I know I can’t either lol. There’s so many ways to get a nice 30 minute workout in at home though! Carlin & I have been doing insanity each morning. Once the weather breaks it’ll be perfect to take the dog out for walks or even runs. I noticed each morning I incorporated some excersize I felt great that day!
- Drink some coffee (or tea) & handle it! Not everyone is a coffee drinker so tea will do too lol. Pour yourself a nice cup of whatever, put on your big girl (or boy if you’re reading this) pants & handle that day! Life is short & we’re all blessed to see each day so go on about your day & spread some good vibes because you never know who needs them! There’s nothing wrong with sharing some positive quotes or motivational speeches whether it be via social media or whatever floats your boat! Those positive vibes your spreading (because you all took this advice so you feel GREAT) could really turn someone’s day from bad to good!